There were so many drafts written last week but none of them FELT worthy of posting. So much has happened over the course of a week that anything I wrote seemed outdated within a day of drafting. The end of the weekend is sadly here and there has been time to process all the ups and downs over the last couple of days. First, let me start with my results from my 2nd challenge!
Challenge 2 Results
7/24 Starting weight: 227.6
9/10 Ending weight: 203.0
OVERALL since 6/12: 52lbs!
Instead of writing a novel (this week), I’m going to give a shortened version of everything that has been going on that prevented this from posting sooner!
- Losing weight & eating healthy is fucking hard when you get started. HOWEVER, once you’re in…YOU’RE IN. It gets easier over time and stops being a “diet”. This is my new lifestyle and I’m happiest when I’m sticking to it.
- Cheat days don’t exist. I’ve been cheating my entire life and some food should not be eaten. Learned this lesson last weekend and I felt worse than the day after heavy drinking. I might nibble here or there…but never indulge like I did on 9/11!
- When your ENTIRE wardrobe is WAY too large to wear, it’s expensive and frustrating to rectify the situation. No one mentions this when they share their weight loss journeys, so I will. It sucks as much as when clothes are too small. Emotionally, this is harder to adjust to than anything else.
- Most people comment on how great I look. It’s difficult to not feel awkward when I always believed I looked fabulous. I know they mean well.
- Working out has become a drug that I am addicted to. When I’m not able to make it to the gym, my mood takes a serious dive and I’m miserable to be around. 😀 haha
- Alcohol. Not drinking for the purpose of weight loss and being healthy has not been fun…until you’re feeling awesome the day after a huge day of drinking. I’d rather eat my calories, thanks. 🙂
- Physical fitness. I ran my first 5k in over two years without any training. Ended with a time of 38:44 and just below a 14 minute pace. I even walked some portions…so…I’m badass now. My FASTEST 5k prior to this was 45min. Needless to say, when my husband showed me the time on his phone, I cried.
- Good lord the emotions. I don’t even try to hide it any more. This journey is the most emotionally taxing thing in my LIFE. I’m hitting goals I never thought were possible and the feels are flowing out big time.
I’m now an *OFFICIAL* member of Legion Transformation. I opted out of rolling into a 3rd challenge because I know my limits. HOWEVER, I’m still treating the next 6 weeks as if I was still a challenger! I have my mini goals set for the next few weeks because I need the motivation…BUUUUUUUUT I have major rewards for the end goal.
Under 20lbs: $10 for every pound goes into an account for new clothes once I reach 20.
20lbs & over: New wardrobe!!!! Buy some clothing and put some money into my savings. The amount is yet to be determined.
For now, my first mini goal is to hit below 200 by Sunday, 9/25! I’m free to NOT stick to my challenge plan…but since I’ve been successful, why would I stop now?!